In this section :
Stories from the field: Inclusive Care
Date and time: June 6, 2023, 12:00 – 1:00 pm ET
Watch the recording
This session featured two examples of initiatives designed to address inequity and offer more inclusive care: Doctors of the World and Caring Community. This virtual learning event highlighted the importance of:
- Valuing multiple perspectives in care by creating space for patients to share their insights and perspectives in a judgement free environment.
- Enabling patients to be the key decision maker in their care and an integral member of the care team. Health professionals should actively engage patients in their own care.
- Fostering trust among the members of the care team by building welcoming environments and meaningful interactions among all members of the care team. This helps ensure the best possible experience of care.
- Stories from the field: Inclusive Care Questions and Answers
- Webpage: Doctors of the World
- Webpage: Caring Community
- Pénélope Boudreault, Infirmière Directrice des opérations nationales Médecins du Monde Canada
- Farin Shore, Patient Partner, Médecins du Monde Canada
- Antoine Boivin, MD PhD, Co-director of the Canada Research Chair in Partnership with Patients and Communities
- Ghislaine Rouly, Co-director of the Canada Research Chair in Partnership with Patients and Communities and Patient Partner
- Tanya MacDonald, Director, Strategic Initiatives & Engagement, Healthcare Excellence Canada
- Audrey L'Espérance, Assistant Professor, Health and Social Services Management, École nationale d’administration publique (ENAP)