As 2021 comes to a close, we want to recognize all those who are responding to the pandemic. Your hard work, collaboration, dedication and commitment to be guided by evidence and experience are key as we continue to move through the phases of the pandemic.
At Healthcare Excellence Canada, we’re working with partners by contributing resources, expertise, and bringing people together (virtually of course) to help put quality and safety evidence into action. Here are some resources developed by us or our partners that we hope you find useful:
- HeART of Healthcare Art Galleries
- Hospital Harm Project
- Leading Change Toolkit
- Guidance for Health Care Leaders During the Recovery Stage of the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Resources regarding safe re-entry of Essential Care Partners
- Enhanced Recovery Canada
- The Path Forward for Aging in Canada
- Soar Above Stigma
- FNHMA COVID-19 Resources
- Caregivers at the Heart of Re-Imagined Long-Term Care Delivery in Canada: Beyond the Pandemic
- Essential Together Huddles: Connecting for peer-to-peer learning and support
- Mental Health and Resiliency Resources for Healthcare Providers, Staff and Leaders
- Resources and Promising Practices for Those Living and Working in Long-Term Care
- Pandemic Recovery and Resilience - Planning for a healthier health workforce (podcast)
As we look forward, we’ve recently announced our new five-year strategy focused on shaping a future where everyone in Canada has safe and high-quality healthcare. In 2022 and the years to come, we’re excited to build meaningful partnerships with people across the country to spread innovations, build capabilities and catalyze policy change to support large-scale system improvement. To everyone who contributed to the strategy, thank you. Through a global pandemic, you made time to help us set a course for this new organization and quality and safety across Canada.
From all of us at Healthcare Excellence Canada, we hope that you’ll find the tools and resources valuable, be able to connect with those you love and find your inspiration in the coming year.