Maternal and Newborn Safety Tools and Resources
Please read, download and share these resources to help improve both maternal and newborn care, and patient safety in general.
World Health Organization/Global resources
- WHO Safe Childbirth Checklist
- MomConnect – In South Africa, the National Department of Health’s Maternal Health Platform has connected over two million pregnant woman and new mothers to vital services and information. To find out more, visit https://www.praekelt.org/momconnect.
Patient Safety in General
- Tools for Advocacy & Assertion
- Recognizing Deteriorating Patient Condition in an obstetrical setting
- Hospital Harm Improvement Resource: Birth Trauma: Introduction
Institute for Safe Medication Practices Canada
National Aboriginal Council of Midwives
Visit NACM for more about safe and respectful Indigenous maternal and Newborn care
Society of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists of Canada
Visit SOGC for more information about safe maternal and newborn care.