Together with pan-Canadian health organizations and other partners, Healthcare Excellence Canada heard how people can be supported to age in place from 130 individuals across the country through focus groups and interviews. Five opportunities for action were identified from these consultations:
- Make person-centred care a priority
- Improve access to home care and community support
- Support essential care partners
- Provide system navigation support
- Ensure equitable access to support for ageing in place
Learn more about what we heard matters and how we can promote excellence in care for older adults within home and community by downloading the executive summary or full report.