The articles in this issue highlight the importance of:
- person-centred approaches to care
- meaningfully engaging essential care partners
- maintaining clear, consistent and reciprocal communication between residents, family members, essential care partners and staff
- supporting long-term care workers
- conducting research in partnership with long-term care homes, residents and essential care partners to support the implementation of evidence-informed interventions and contribute to better care, quality of life, and health outcomes
This special issue was supported by Healthcare Excellence Canada and the Canadian Institutes of Health Research.
Read the Healthcare Quarterly Special Issue: Strengthening Pandemic Preparedness in Long-Term Care