Accelerating Healthcare Improvement: Healthcare Excellence Canada Assessment Tool©
The Accelerating Healthcare Improvement: Healthcare Excellence Canada Assessment Tool© was published in 2014 by the Canadian Foundation for Healthcare Improvement (now Healthcare Excellence Canada). It’s informed by HEC’s longstanding experience in supporting healthcare leaders to apply evidence to improve healthcare through projects, collaboratives and the EXTRA program.
The tool is based on six principles that support healthcare improvement and will guide your organization towards making the changes needed to become a high-performing healthcare organization. This tool can help your organization:
- identify your improvement expertise, assets and strengths
- understand your organization’s capacity to identify improvement efforts and amplify them
- enable and accelerate healthcare improvement
- take next steps for improvement
- The assessment can be used by a multidisciplinary team that includes healthcare leaders (responsible for the management, financing and delivery of care), front-line managers, physicians and patients, family or caregivers.